Thursday 24 May 2018

Expect the unexpected and give more than you expected





Oh ho.....

What a day! It started with a discussion on Relationships with a close friend.

Me : What's happening to you? I fail to understand sometimes

He : Aah, in an awful mood; you know how it is .....but will bounce back soon.

Me : Ha, I understand , but bathake jaao na apni quite space mei, so that nobody disturbs,

He : Huh, bataya toh tha

Me : Ha, jab, I asked ....

And this endless talks..

And the conclusion rests on the expectations we have from the relationships we are into.
Siblings, friends, in-laws, husband - wife, neighbours, child - parent, employer-employee, teacher - student and many such!

Why do we expect? Is it because we love the other person, is it because it's natural since we are connected , is it because it's their duty to do react and respond, is it that it's your right to know things about the person whom you are connected or you love.

But what if the same thought process is running through the other persons mind too! What if they feel you have fallen short in responding!

So expect; but give more than you expect. You might sometimes feel that it's totally a one man job of maintaining a relation, but no it isn't. It's always a two way street. Aaj nahi toh kaal, the other person will reciprocate definitely. That too with double the intensity!

Try it out.

After all everything in life is give and take.

The more you give, the more you get, aaj nahi toh kaal , for sure.

But never ever hide in your relationship neither give a silent treatment.

Quoting what I read yesterday on a WhatsApp group...

Giving someone the silent treatment could possibly be a way for you to avoid confrontation but the message it gives out is psychologically damaging to the other person. It is saying that your feelings don’t matter. Only I matter to myself. Your intentions may be good but what matters is the outcome of your intentions.

Afterall having a relation in your life, is a blessing indeed.

Stay Blessed.

10 comments:

  1. Well said Riddi in our society we have always learned to take ,but we forget to give back.As you said its both way.I totally agree with u. Keep writing and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pinky....you.motivate me to write more

      Delete
  2. True...hope people will understand this n stop expecting n giving more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure of it....have faith in your relations

      Delete
  3. Agreed Riddhi... But sometimes I also feel it's very important to understand and respect the person's state of mind. The best thing to do is support the person unconditionally with a huge smile.
    I may be wrong... But that's my personal experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear unknown friend, lovely prespective, I agree but sometimes it goes beyond the understanding level, when the relation is too close to your heart, it goes to the level of expectation. Nothing wrong in expecting provided you are giving too in the relationship

      Delete
    2. Agree Ridhhi. You always write which touches the heart,
      But my experience is that I keep on giving and thn people take it for granted I dnt know what and how should I think on it

      Delete
  4. I agree completely with your view Riddhi. Let us start enjoying giving rather than expecting then seek the magic. Also, I believe that the world is round, so what you do comes back to you good or bad

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Father and Child - Relationship

  Pappa ki Paari hu mei…… Pappa kehte hai bada naam karega   You must be thinking what am I upto..Well yes, its all about pappa and a   ...