Thursday 17 May 2018

Nurture Contacts .. Build Relationships



#contacts #business #relationships #connections #courtesy #maintain #maintaining

Received a message from Mr CEO of a MNC where I had conducted a session four years back, “Dear Riddhi, hope you are good with your health, got to know from a friend that you were not keeping well, just thought of saying a HI and please take care".

Aah....in the first instance, it might seem to be a common message, but if you read it carefully, you will realise, those are the relations earned over the years of my professional life.

Yes ...maintaining relations is very very important.  Maintaining relations doesn't mean that you take advantage and pitch in your work all the time.

It means to stay connected, not necessarily that you keep meeting, but yes connecting is a must. Avoid pitching in your work; that might take off the essence of a professional relationship.

A simple hi or hello or helping them to connect further with acquaintances they need at their end works well for a lady professional.

Some of the tips I have inculcated in my life to stay connected:

1..Exchange cards in the first meet and the same day, leave a personalized message , albeit remain in limits

2..Never talk about your achievements or your work unless asked

3..Once in a while, drop in  a message saying Hi

4..Connect over LinkedIn , if you are seeking professional association. Let the profile speak for you.

5..Once in 6 months, share a link of your work...

6..Be there, if the person needs any help in terms of connecting with somebody on the professional front

7.. Share your contacts, you'll achieve more

8..Never sell your work...

This is what I have done to stay connected on the professional front.

While on the personal front, I am always there for all my friends, come what may...I try to give my best in the relationship which I am blessed with.

And trust me, I get in return in abundance.

11 comments:

  1. Superb ����
    Every One Should Follow This !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent thought.....

    I too believe in this.... It never came to my mind to keep professional relationship ...... But most people are too mean ... They keep on using you till you can give and then it's like who are you .... Do I know you...
    Just my thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah....agree...but smartness lies in making your way out.
      Hugs to you

      Delete
  3. Excellent article. Looking forward for more....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting article. Thanks for the tips Riddhi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neeta..
      you always make a point to read my articles, really appreciate it

      Delete
  5. The content is very good. Infact, this would make a good magazine article. It is not clear what "never sell your work" means.

    ReplyDelete

Father and Child - Relationship

  Pappa ki Paari hu mei…… Pappa kehte hai bada naam karega   You must be thinking what am I upto..Well yes, its all about pappa and a   ...