Thursday 14 June 2018

My Father My Hero

Me and My SuperHero


Me and Pappaji

I have been the youngest spoiled brat of the Doshi family. Head strong, confident, multi-tasker, leader, and empathetic are all the qualities I have imbibed from my father.

He is the man of my life. I have grown up listening to his stories about his childhood and how he used to manage in his school days, to his college days in London, to his experience of getting his first job as he was a qualified Engineer from Battersea, to how he started his business at 50 and his dealings with Tatas. He has always given me and my three sisters a sense of security and assurance. However he always emphasized on being on the same page with my mother.

The tuning they both have has given exemplary memories to the best Parenting style.

And that has even helped me evolve as a Parenting Coach and Psychologist.

He has always dreamt his life and has put into reality, his dreams.

I still remember the lesson on time management he always used to cite for us.

He was working in London with a British firm and on the second day of his job, there was a heavy snowfall and he got late to office. The office timings were 8.00 am to 5.00 pm and he reached at 8.01. His manager was there at the door and he said, "Mr Doshi, you are late by a minute!"

I have grown up listening to his stories and experiences and this has made me aware that time and tide wait for none, make the maximum of the time given.

He has made us four sisters capable of managing anything in life, made us leaders and not followers.

And I proudly say - I will take his legacy ahead. Proud to be Ajay Doshi's daughter. 

That's how I write - Riddhi Doshi Patel.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely post Ridhiji. These values reflect in your counseling sessions. I am glad to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece of writing. Dada would be so proud of you! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo True Riddhi... U have left No Words for me to Comment on your Blog .
    I too Agree he’s our Hero / RoleModel , Love you a lot Pappaji...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel so good reading this, Riddhi.

    And it's such heart-warming to read that you have keenly observed, learnt, and allowed the lessons to be permeated in your sub-conscious, ultimately to put them to a good use not only for urself but also spreading the influence to the masses.

    Superb !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written and it’s so relatable 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete

Father and Child - Relationship

  Pappa ki Paari hu mei…… Pappa kehte hai bada naam karega   You must be thinking what am I upto..Well yes, its all about pappa and a   ...