Thursday 9 August 2018

Three As of Parenting





It is very important for a parent to listen to the child. The child's life evolves with three important aspects around him:
Appreciation
Acknowledgment
Acceptance

This has been a daily ritual since last 4 years. Eventually, both of us have grown in our relationship and the bonding has increased twofold.

It was normal morning today and as always, I happened to be driving down my little one to school. In those 30 minutes all that’s True and Real are me and my little. That is the time we TALK and talk about everything. Everything including him being hurt by me or my better-half, or him having some complaints against his friends, or my in-laws or our cook …..

I am aware that those complaints are most baseless and surely innocent, but I ensure that I hear him out....I then try to breakdown the situation, explain the circumstance, conditions etc. and the allow him to decide what happened was right or wrong.

Much to my pride and sometimes amusement, I have noticed, that whenever I allow him to decide what is right or wrong, a majority of the times he concludes that what happened was ok ...

So, this is where the three A’s come into play:
Acknowledgement: He being able to Acknowledge his work, his behavior, his thought process, his concerns, his understanding, his maturity, him being hurt and lot more. Acknowledgement is about reassuring him that you have understood him. Acknowledgment gives the child confidence and makes him resilient.

Acceptance:  A child seeks acceptance from his parents, acceptance of what he is and of what he aspires to become. Acceptance of him as a person works tremendously on the esteem of the child. Acceptance by the parents assures his being and promises him of a better future.

Appreciation: The most important and the last in the "A" pyramid. When a parent appreciates his/ her child, the child feels confident and THAT helps him to face the world. A single word of appreciation makes him feel encouraged and special. And this feeling of being special makes his world, the most secured place to live in.

Let us, as parents inculcate the habit of 3 A's in our daily life.

For me, these 3A's are an integral part of my life, the credit goes to my parents and I am now taking this legacy ahead by implementing the same for my child.

5 comments:

  1. Very eloquently written . . I love the way you write to make us understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true riddhi i appriciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautifully written. Riddhi ur understanding of child psychology is commendable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely true !!. What we are doing to understand our children is very very important and must be undertaken carefully.

    Tripple A concept is well linked to real life example and nicely explained.

    looking forward to have such more articles from you on Good Parenting.

    ReplyDelete

Father and Child - Relationship

  Pappa ki Paari hu mei…… Pappa kehte hai bada naam karega   You must be thinking what am I upto..Well yes, its all about pappa and a   ...